Friday, September 23, 2016

I Am The Roper!

Ahhhh, The Roper.  I honestly had a nightmare about this thing two nights ago.  Why?  My lunchtime D&D group (it's a totally separate thing from Althea and Company) ran into a Roper and a nest of Piercers.  It was terrifying, and I had completely forgotten about these beasts.

I don't know how I could have forgotten this monstrosity.  It was right there on the bottom right corner of the cover of the old Monster Manual, and I remember reading its entry several times and just being terrified by it.


*shiver*

Anyway, we ran into one and I thought someone was going to get eaten.  Luckily we ran away and only one NPC was bitten.  The boat we were on got severely munched though.  It's being held together by webbing at this point.

I came home today and told the tale of how I used Tasha's Hideous Laughter on it with my Arcane Trickster and rolled a natural 20 to sever one of the tentacles with my hand crossbow . . . it was all very amazing . . . but you can bet I ran away as fast as I could to get out of the range of those terrifying tentacles. GET ME THE FREAK OUT OF THERE!

Anyway, I started chanting "I am the roper, I've come to bite you" in my head after talking with my kids (and imagining what a Roper might look like after a crazy fit of laughter), and this . . . is the result . . . I apologize in advance.


. . . at least I made my youngest laugh with the roper song. :)

Love that Elf!

No comments:

Post a Comment